Research and Evaluation Director
Post date: Mar 14, 2012 6:27:26 PM
The Research and Evaluation Director is an exciting leadership opportunity to create and implement the Illinois PBIS Network’s research agenda and action plan. The Illinois PBIS Network is the positive behavior interventions and supports component of the State Board of Education’s Technical Assistance Center, and a partner with the National Center on PBIS. Currently 1,600 schools and 360 LEAs throughout Illinois implement multi-tiered systems of behavioral support. In recent years, the Network has engaged in several demonstration projects and initiatives to advance implementation of PBIS, such as: Tier 2/3 development, advanced tiers in high schools, least restrictive environment, bullying prevention, school mental health and PBIS, wraparound based RENEW for high schools, and community-wide PBIS implementation. These initiatives, along with the other objectives of the PBIS Network, provide numerous opportunities for research, publication, and the ultimate goal of informing educational policy and practice.
Responsibilities and Functions:
· Lead the research and evaluation team to advance the research priorities, statewide evaluation plan, and outcomes of PBIS both nationally and in Illinois.
· Provide technical assistance and guidance to Network leaders on research methodology, analysis of literature and data, and quality dissemination of findings.
· Develop and implement the statewide evaluation plan in partnership with Network leadership and field staff.
· Oversee the quality, reliability, and development of multiple local and online data systems.
· Participate in the development, implementation, and analysis of research priorities and studies.
· Publish findings in a variety of formats including annual reports, newsletters, TA briefs, peer-reviewed journals, curriculum, and books.
· Ph.D. preferred along with experience in PBIS and its related research and supporting evaluation systems.
· Demonstrates quality verbal and written communication through reports, papers, presentations, and team leadership.
· Analyzes and synthesizes data to drive decision-making and communicate efforts and outcomes to all stakeholder groups.
· Experienced with research design, statistical analysis, and leadership of evaluation and research projects.
· Technical skills to support research and evaluation in parametric and non-parametric SPSS statistical analyses, custom database software and systems, and related MS Office software (Access, Excel, Publisher).
How to Apply:
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Include "Research and Evaluation Director" in the subject line. Or call the Illinois PBIS Network at 708-482-4860.